My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://kavachai.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

BlackBerry simulator in Eclipse could work better

Yesterday I finally installed BlackBerry plug-in for Eclipse, but I'm disappointed by simulator integration with IDE.

For some reason BlackBerry simulator does not do it's best when developing using Eclipse. Most of the time I cannot run application twice from Eclipse. I have to restart simulator for second attempt to run my app.

It takes some time. So I found a faster workaround. When I see this kind of problem I:
  • rebuild project (Alt+B)
  • manually delete application from simulator (Select app in Downloads; Menu > Delete; Click Delete to confirm)
  • manually load application to simulator (File > Load_Java_Program from simulator menu)

This is much faster then restarting simulator every time problem occurs.

Unfortunately this works only when I don't need to debug code. I still have to restart simulator when debugging.

No comments:

Post a Comment