My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://kavachai.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

"services.exe" virus

Today when going to the web site of Nissan dealer present in my city I've got a virus. What it does is sending e-mails from my machine. Pretty unexpected situation.
Unfortunaly my antivirus did not stop it, but I found solution in a couple of minutes:
  • With the help of Task Manager I found additional services.exe running on the machine. The file was located at "C:\Windows\services.exe".
  • Since Windows thinks that this virus is a system component it does not allow to stop it. I used CopyLock application to remove it at the next system start.
  • Finally I removed this services.exe from the system startup list.
My system is healthy again!

No comments:

Post a Comment